How To Start A Pig Farming Business In Nigeria
There are so many livestock farming that can get you the kind of financial reward you want, one of such agricultural activity is the pig farming business in Nigeria. The question now is how to start a pig farming business in Nigeria. To be honest, there is no business out there that is so easy to, if there is, everyone will be running into business to also enjoy the financial gain that it comes with.
One thing is for sure and that is the fact that you need a 2019 business plan for pig farming in Nigeria pdf file to stand a chance in successfully running the business. Pig farming business plan in Nigeria gives you a clue on the exact things you need to be doing in order for the business to become a success.
For the records livestock farming business such as pig farming is about the most lucrative amongst every other livestock business in Nigeria today, reason is because be people are recently beginning to turn their attention on health benefits of pork meat, as well as other economic importance attached to farming pigs.
How Lucrative Is Pig farming In Nigeria?
My post on pig farming business in Nigeria I explained to a large extent how lucrative the business can be and the possible growth potential. Looking at the financial projections involved in this line of business, one can easily say that pig farming is lucrative.
In livestock farming such as pigs, they can either be raised in a controlled environment and also you can decide to raise it in a free environment such as we have in Ebonyi State, specifically at meat market, there are pigs moving around there but at the end of the day they move back to the owner’s cage.
Pig farm can be a small scale business and it can as well be in a large scale business, this only depends on the financial commitment of the farmers. However, no matter the size of the pig farm, there is always an opportunity to get financial reward. One things you should be looking out for is the possibility of implementing the techniques from the pig farm business plan.
How To Raise Your Pigs
Every prospective pig farmer has different technique to raising their pigs, these techniques will determine how efficiently your pigs are raised and also how productive they will be in terms of reproduction.
Here are the two options of raising your Pigs;
- Pigs can be raised in a controlled environments – This technique implies that the pigs will be raised indoors.
- Pigs can be raised in open spaces – This is exactly the system I saw with one pi farming in Abakaliki, Ebonyi state, where the pigs where allowed to go feed themselves, in this methods, these pigs eat whatever they like and can get sick without the farmer knowing
Other Pig Raising Option Includes;
- Building a barns mainly for breeding sows.
Building A Model following The Largest Pig farm In Nigeria
In Nigeria today, there are example of pig farming business outlet that you can model your business to, today in Nigeria, the largest or the biggest pig farm in Nigeria is;
- Oke Aro Pig farms – This might be bigger than what you intend to do, but you can learn how they got to establish and are successfully running, you can actually model your pig farm using the largest pig farm in the world, which is known as K.Maroun and Co Pork farm/processing company started in 1453.
The List Of Pig farms In Nigeria
Here are a possible list of pig farms in Nigeria that you can carry out a research to know how to start a pig farming business in Nigeria;
- Abioye agro allied farm
- Akintemi farms enterprise
- Modupe piggery farms
- Oke aro piggery farm
Advantages & Disadvantages Of Pig farming In Nigeria
- a major advantage is the ability of pigs to grow fast, this means more money to be made from sales, also in addition to their quick growth, they also reproduce in large numbers
- a major disadvantage is they tend to contact diseases easily. This can be bad for your business, however, you can still prevent it, but using the controlled technique of raising pigs.
There are thousands of pig buyers in Nigeria today; this is a clear testament that the business can as well be lucrative when managed well.
To get the full business plan, go to Pig Farming Business Plan In Nigeria PDF Feasibility Study
Other Business Plans