How To Start Cement Block Industry
Blocks are one of major items used in building houses, in essence majority of the houses we today in Nigeria are made of blocks and this can only reference to one thing, and that is “block industry business is a lucrative business”. In the making of blocks, there are different types or sizes, never knew until I had to fix my licking bathroom with tiles and two pieces of blocks where needed, I went on that errand twice, because I didn’t know that blocks comes in different inches.
The brick layer told me to get two blocks to complete my work, I drove to the block industry and made inquiries on how they sell, the sales girl ask how many inches, I was immediately lost, I guessed and bought 6 inches which the tiles guy accepted, before I left the block industry I made sure I got more information on how these blocks are being sold, the sales girl told me that 6 inches blocks are sold for N150, 5 inches goes for N130, while 4 inches goes for N100, there are separate prices for solid and holes block as the young sales girl describe, the solid blocks cost more that the blocks with holes, I also got to find out that these blocks serves different purposes.
There are other types of blocks available, there are those with multiple designs; there is the inter-locking block stone. From your business plan you should be able to outline the type of block you are going to be focusing on making. You get to also device a business strategy on how to penetrate the almost saturated market.
How To Start Cement Block Industry Business
I have written a guide or business plan on block industry business in Nigeria, however, on this article I will be aiming to highlight steps on how to start cement block industry business in Nigeria, see below;
– Business Plan – Start by getting a business plan in Nigeria on how you will operate your block industry business in the most effective way. Your plan should include a business description, market analysis, competitive analysis etc.
– Location – Get at least two plot of land to kick start your block industry adventure, a spacious land will be enough to accommodate enough blocks as well as other materials that will be needed to run the business. If you can’t buy, you can rent a spacious land for starters. Note that the best location is dried land because swampy location will be bad for business especially rainy seasons.
– Block Molder – This is the manual molder usually made by a welder, this type is cost effective as it can help you as a new beginner in the business.
– Block Molding Machine – This type is the mechanized block maker; it comes inform of a diesel listre, it must be powered before it can get to work. Do a thorough research before buying it.
– Secure a Water Source – Most block industries I have seen or visited usually have a constant source of water supply, and the best alternative is sinking a borehole. Lots of water is needed in the block making process, from mixing the sand and cement and then getting the block wet in order to effect the block’s hardness. It is not advisable to buy water as you will be spending more than you have budgeted.
– Constant Supply Of Working Materials – You need constant supply of working materials such as the sand, cement and also diesel to help power your block molding machine. The key word here is constant and reliable supplier who will supply quality materials and not adulterated materials, your aim is to meet the market standard.
– Get A Block Carrier – Mostly made out of wooden materials, this is the platform where the block will be molded on or placed before it is carried to the place it dries up. You cannot afford to move these block with your hand, you need a solid platform hence the need for this item.
– Workers – for starters you need at least three workers, while two engage in the mixing the other will be moving the blocks from point of making to the point it will dry, the point is that three people if effectively engaged will perform optimally.
In conclusion, these and more are the few things you need to get going when you write a business plan for you biz. Now you have an idea on how to start cement block industry business in Nigeria, invest wisely and make ends meet.
Other Business Plans